As a master electrician with Ontario licensing 309A, Bill possesses more than 30+ years of experience in the electrical industry. He worked in the commercial and industrial wiring sectors for over a decade, and after 3 years as a subcontractor for Schneider Electric Canada, he was promoted to the role of Project Supervisor to which he dedicated 15 years of his career. Bills valuable knowledge, and proficiencies in a variety of electrical products and electrical services areas, make him an ideal fit for 3L2R:
- Specializes in high voltage and power distribution equipment
- Able to design custom solutions for distribution equipment upgrades
- Can successfully retrofit electrical equipment from small breakers to entire electrical substations
- Experienced with custom transfer systems and upgrades
- Has engineered and installed power monitoring systems
- Skilled with capacitor functions, repair, and maintenance
- Proficient in custom bussing
- Experienced in disaster recovery and repairs
- Skilled in providing custom electrical fabrication for unique client applications
During his time with 3L2R, Bill has been involved in some of our most challenging electrical projects, including:
Gerdau Ameristeel (Cambridge, Ontario)
Maintenance and testing of 230kV substation, 15kV transformers, and all their 600V distribution equipment. Numerous upgrades and replacement of transformers, switchgear, air circuit breakers and high voltage equipment.
Sunlife Data Centre (Waterloo, Ontario)
High voltage upgrade, maintenance and testing of all 15kV distribution equipment, transformers and their 600V distribution. Numerous upgrades and replacement of switchgear, buss ducts, air circuit breakers, motor control centres and power monitoring devices.
St Mary's Hospital & Grand River Hospital (Kitchener, Ontario)
High voltage and low voltage distribution equipment upgrades and retrofits of existing equipment. Maintenance and testing of all 15kV equipment, transformers and 600v distribution.